6.4! 6.4! 6.4! My lowest A1c EVER!!!
Can you tell I’m excited?
This was also the first appointment I went to by myself! Two big milestones.
I don’t know if you can see it, but after the A1C it has a little chart of ranges…6.4 = Higher risk of diabetes…I find this funny.
Where was I? I’m resorting to a bullet point update.
- I survived my dramatic birthday meltdown. 19 is okay. I think I can handle this last teenage year. I do not like growing up though. It’s hard. It’s a little confusing. More on that another day.
- My grandma is back home. She spent a week or so in the hospital. It was a tough time. I felt terrible when I talked to her on the phone. She asked me if I would be coming with my mom to take care of her and my grandpa. I told her that I couldn’t because of school. She said she understood saying that school was more important. In that moment I could not have disagreed more.
- Speaking of school. I dropped a class (Biology), but I picked up a major…
- I’m committed. You can’t win unless you try. So, I’m going for it. I’ve been trying to say it out loud so that I can’t back out. It’s working so far. What better place to out yourself than a blog post?
Jillian, what’s your intended major?
VISUAL ARTS! WHOOO!
- I’m a little scared about telling the other members of my school’s Honors Academy (the scholarship program that’s paying for this dream). Let’s just say they are ALL the future doctors, engineers, and accountants of America. Then there’s little artsy me…whatever.
- I need to write here more. I keep promising myself that I will.
- If there’s anything you’d like to hear about, let me know!