Warning… extreme senseless rambling. I really don’t even know what I’m trying to say, so I don’t expect you to understand because I barely do. It’s just a list of some thoughts I’ve had lately:
· Admittedly I don’t know how certain things work exactly, but why is it okay for Oprah to do an in depth report about the real face of the recession while she sits comfortably on her gorgeous stage in Chicago in expensive clothes and jewelry? Why is it okay that she has as much money as she has? Why is okay for anyone to have that much money and not give it away?
· I watched this movie this morning called “Taking Chance”. It was about a marine who escorts the body of a 19-year-old boy from Dover, DE to his hometown in Wyoming. I cried almost from beginning to end. Why the hell are 19-year-old boys dying in a country half a world away?
· How can America try to fix other countries when we don’t even know how to fix our own?
· Why do we build million/billion dollar sports complexes with homeless men sleeping outside? Who said that was okay?
· Why do I waste my time watching American Idol?
· Why don’t people realize that we are all connected, instead of being in this for ourselves? I didn’t know that the American Dream meant forgetting about your fellow man.
· If fast food is bad, why is it even sold? Why do I even eat it?
· Why can’t I be more thankful for all of the things I do have?
· Why do people, including myself, covet material things? Do I really need the iPod, the laptop, the shoes, the clothes, the car, the dvd’s, the cameras etc?
· If this causes cancer and that causes heart disease and the air is filled with pollution doesn’t that just mean there isn’t a point in choosing healthy options because in the end if one thing doesn’t kill us the other will?
· Why do I complain instead of doing something? Because I don’t even know where to start and just starting anywhere seems completely pointless.
In other news. I’m really trying to figure out what I’m doing with this blog. I have about 8 notebooks and zillions of post-it’s with all of these stories and ideas, but I just can’t seem to get to posting them. My sister says it’s because I edit myself too much, so maybe there will be a few more of these rambling posts to get things started.
Until next time.